Here are a few things we know about Gov. Brownback spokeswoman Sherriene Jones-Sontag (left), who reported 18-year-old Emma Sullivan for tweeting, “Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot”:
* She was last quoted about Twitter in September when someone started tweeting — with curse words — as @sambrownback. “Unfortunately there are others who try to portray the governor in a negative light,” complained Jones-Sontag.
* She owns Ad Astra Media Solutions, but it appears her website hasn’t been updated since 2009.
* She’s a former A&W drive-in car hop, “but I didn’t wear skates; too clumsy,” she says.
* The hardest part of her job, she’s said, is trying to correct a misquote or inaccurate information. “Most journalists pride themselves on being accurate and get a mistake corrected immediately, but there are a few who pass it off and say they’ll correct the next time they write about the issue,which could be months or never.”
* She’s also served as Kansas House of Representatives Speaker’s Office communications director, and Kansas Attorney General’s Office communications director.
* She worked at KSNT-TV in Topeka from 1998 to 2006, finishing her career there as morning news anchor.
* She attended Ohio University from 2005 to 2008. (She writes on LinkedIn that she studied Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, and Latin America Studies.)
* She chose journalism because “I found the evening news fascinating — especially the stories done by foreign correspondences [sic].”
Rooted Cosmopolitan blog has more on Jones-Sontag.