How did the Orange County Register’s “News Mob” at last Friday’s Angels opening game go? Angels editor Keith Sharon gives Romenesko readers this report:
The News Mob by the numbers (final):
* 91 reporters, editors, photographers, graphic artists, designers, videographers, bloggers and miscellaneous Register and Freedom employees
* 56 stories (5 of them with multiple live updates)
* 845 photographs either taken live or posted by the Register on April 6.
* 88 submissions of photos and stories by Angels (and non-Angels) fans
* 156 new signups for the OCRegister mobile app (downloaded AND opened)
* 24 percent increase in mobile app visits that day
* 27,000: the number of references found with the Google search: Orange County Angels News Mob.
* 1,218 percent increase in Angels page views from Opening Day 2011 to Opening Day 2012