Dave Parro, who once worked for Sun-Times Media newspapers as a reporter and editor, is now communications director at Aurora University and he’s encouraging other journalists to “sell out” and jump to PR.
His reasons why they should:
* You still get to tell great stories.
* You get to shape the story.
* You get to be an advocate.
* You still get to regularly learn something new.
* You don’t have the emotional baggage.
* You get to be optimistic.
* You still have constant deadlines.
* You understand what makes a great story.
He elaborates on these points in this PR Daily post, “Eight reasons journalists should consider PR.”
Did you “sell out”? Tell us about the experience in comments.