The Independent’s Los Angeles bureau chief Guy Adams “has carved out a nice spot on the how-much-NBC’s-coverage-sucks beat,” writes John Koblin, and the newsman is now paying a price for that: Twitter suspended Adams’ account after NBC complained that a network exec’s email address was posted.
Dan Gillmor points out: “What makes this a serious issue is that Twitter has partnered with NBC during the Olympics. And it was NBC’s complaint about Adams that led to the suspension.”
Some of Adams’ tweets:
– Matt Lauer would do well to shut up, wouldn’t he?
– Techcrunch call @NBColympics total buffoons http://t.co/1DYypK0T Sums up why Gary Zenkel, moronic exec behind the time delay, shd be fired
– “Sneak peak” my arse MT @NBCOlympics: Check out this sneak peek of tonight’s #OpeningCeremony http://t.co/vf7KKMf9
– America’s left coast forced to watch Olympic ceremony on SIX HOUR time delay. Disgusting money-grabbing by @NBColympics http://t.co/bQxKCCdj
– I have 1000 channels on my TV. Not one will be showing the Olympics opening ceremony live. Because NBC are utter, utter bastards.
– The man responsible for NBC pretending the Olympics haven’t started yet is Gary Zenkel. Tell him what u think! Email: Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org