iPad users get free access to six New York Times sections — Sports, Fashion, Home & Garden, Travel, T Magazine and Olympics — through August 12, thanks to Ralph Lauren, which the Times says has “never done a sponsorship of this magnitude with any other media outlet.”
From the Times’ solo sponsorship announcement:
· 6 unlocked NYTimes.com sections including: Sports, Fashion, Home & Garden, Travel, T Magazine and Olympics
· Ads are heavily tied to the Olympics. Within the magalogue, a pop-up splash page will announce new medal winners.
· Ads will be featured on every section front and on every other article page within the app. Every session will feature an interstitial.
· Ads will open up a magalogue with six sections including: U.S. Olympics, U.S. Open Golf, Wimbledon, The Open Championship, Black Watch Polo and U.S. Open Tennis.
· The sections will feature articles, videos, a “Meet the Athletes” section and e-commerce.