For the second night in a row, MSNBC on Tuesday beat Fox News in primetime in the key 25-54 demo.
On Monday MSNBC averaged 471,000 demo viewers to Fox News Channel’s 469,000. On Tuesday, MSNBC drew 575,000 demo viewers, to FNC’s 526,000.
* MinnPost cracks down on unruly commenters; “we are tightening our standards.” (MinnPost.com)
* Albany press corps seeks to expel one of its own for taking an Assembly job. (capitalnewyork.com)
* Houston Chronicle expands its energy coverage; hires Harry Weber, who covered Deepwater Horizon for AP. (fuelfix.com)
* Fully 52% of USA Today’s circulation goes to hotels that get the paper at deeply discounted rates. (newosaur.com)
* Grady j-prof Vicki Michaelis is “an accidental tourist in sports reporting.” (redandblack.com)
* I’m told that Roanoke Times intern Katrina Tulloch created this internship program video. (roanoke.com)
* Winnipeg Free Press lays off seven staffers: five reporters, one paginator and one manager. (j-source.ca)