The good old days at the New York Times….
* Were there ever liquor carts at the New York Times? (nytimes.com)
I tweeted this piece earlier this afternoon and got these comments in retweets:
* “It sure was at Time.” (@jpodhoretz)
* “Beer in the cafeteria ended in the 70s, before I got there. But liquor was in PLENTY of desk drawers. (Still in mine.)” (@ericasimov)
* “Amateurs. USA TODAY’s Life Section had its own cocktail cart.” (@dvergano)
* “Beer was served on production day at the weekly Nashville Business Journal when I worked there 1991-94. Sloppy proofreading.” (@gwenmoritz)