“Another blow to the struggling newspaper industry,” tweets the @dailynewshack.
This photo, which is about a year old, is circulating on social media again. The newspaper shown is the July 18, 2013, edition of Lansdale (PA) Reporter. The photo “has been out there for a while,” I’m told by a Reporter staffer who didn’t want to be named. She adds: “Bees can be an issue. We’ve taken preventative measures to make sure people don’t get stung while getting their daily paper.” The boxes are occasionally sprayed, she says.