Just a few of the items I posted on November 29, 2001:
* Steve Brill is named Newsweek columnist. “This is a great opportunity for me to return to writing and reporting full time,” he says in a release.
* Time managing editor Jim Kelly confirms that Osama bin Laden is among the half-dozen candidates being considered for Person of the Year.
* Brattleboro Reformer photographer Jason Henske is threatened with arrest for treason after he’s seen taking a picture of the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant while on assignment.
* Ted Turner predicts the consolidation of the cable industry will result in only two operators still standing by 2003.
* The New York Times Co.’s interest in the Boston Red Sox raises conflict of interest concerns.