The Wall Street Journal says Peggy Noonan will write daily on political, cultural and personal subjects on her blog — simply called “Peggy Noonan’s Blog” — and continue to do her weekly “Declarations” column.
What Romenesko readers say about the blog’s name:
* “At least it’s better than a lame journalism pun. Just think, they could have called it “The News Peg.” (@jstanchak)
* “Alas, ‘P-Noonz Drops Science’ was already taken.” (@Koomdogg)
* “Original choice for blog name: Danny Noonan’s Blog.” (@sobeditor)
* “Could have been ‘Morning, Noonan, Night.’” (@senders)
* “May I humbly suggest ‘Around Peg’?” (@marktxwatchdog)
* “It’s the blog equivalent of the theme song for ‘It’s Garry Shandling’s Show’ theme song.” (@JohnCarvalhoAU)
* “High Noonan. Noonblog. Pegged and Quartered.” (@gregbrownwriter)
* “One Point of Light?” (@grammarguide)
The Journal’s release:
Wall Street Journal Launches New Blog From Columnist Peggy Noonan
NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Wall Street Journal announced today the launch of a new blog from columnist Peggy Noonan (@PeggyNoonanNYC), in conjunction with the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. Ms. Noonan will be the sole contributor to the blog and write daily on a variety of political, cultural and personal subjects. Her blog will appear on WSJ.com in addition to her weekly column, “Declarations,” which appears online and in WSJ Weekend, the Journal’s weekend edition.
Ms. Noonan has written for the Journal since 2000. She is the author of eight books on American politics, history and culture, the most recent of which is “Patriotic Grace,” published in October 2008. She was a special assistant to President Ronald Reagan, and before that was a producer and writer at CBS News in New York.