What happened after a “Breaking Bad” fan group placed a Walter White obit in Friday’s Albuquerque Journal:
* There was a 40 percent increase in single copy sales, with many newsstands selling out of papers.
* Requests to the Journal’s library to mail out newspapers ran at least 10 times normal volume.
* The obit was the the paper’s most-read online story since 2006, when it began using Google Analytics to track traffic.
* Traffic to the obit was about 60 times that of a typical daily top story on the Journal’s website.
* The print edition was going for as much as $26 on eBay.