The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Des Moines’s KCCI-TV aren’t the only ones tossing hot water in the cold air to see what happens, according to Twitter. “Someone please tell me why my whole Instagram feed is people throwing hot water in the air???” tweets one woman.
* Boiling water freezes mid-air in the cold (jsonline.com)
* Hot water turns to vapor instantly (thv11.com)
* Chucking a pot of boiling water into the cold air is “science at its finest” (greenbaypressgazette.com)
* What happens when you crack an egg on the sidewalk when it’s 15 below (marshfieldnewsherald.com)
* “Anyone try throwing fried eggs into the air to see if they’d shatter when they hit the sidewalk?” (facebook.com)
* “Hot water in the air” search on Twitter (twitter.com)